SAFETY IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY
Media Release by Transdev Sydney
Transdev Sydney was proud to once again support Rail Safety Week (15-21 August).
Rail Safety Week is an annual community awareness week held in Australia and New Zealand designed to engage the community in safe rail practices.
The initiative is run by the Tracksafe Foundation to create a heightened awareness of the importance of rail safety. Up to 45 rail organisations from across Australia and New Zealand participate in Rail Safety Week through various means.
Transdev Sydney held a special safety-focused Meet Our Managers session on Monday (15th) morning at Central. This session coincided with community events that Sydney Trains hosted at Central Station. A selection of Managers, AO and CSOs spoke to customers about why “safety is everyone’s responsibility”.
Safety in and around the Light Rail network is something that Transdev Sydney takes seriously.
For Transdev Sydney staff, a health and well-being campaign was rolled out during the week with a focus on improving personal health to help keep us safe at work. Transdev Sydney also swapped out the biscuits for a healthier selection of fruit for staff to enjoy.
Transdev Sydney’s safety tips:
- Cross the Light Rail tracks at marked crossings only
- Don’t walk in front of a vehicle that you have just alighted
- Always keep an eye on children and hold their hand when crossing the tracks
- Never run down steps or on platforms
- Never pick something up from the tracks, if you have dropped something, use the emergency help point at the station to get the appropriate assistance.