What to do if you have lost an item on the light rail
Call us on 02 8584 5288 from Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00 (EST) excluding public holidays, or complete our online feedback form here.
Please note: If you have just lost your property, for safety reasons we will not be able to immediately contact our light rail staff on board a vehicle in service. However, we will contact them as soon as judged safe to do so.
To help us identify your lost property, please provide a full description of the item(s) you have lost, including:
- Brand, model, colour, size, distinguishing features? What was in it?
- Where and when did you leave it? Including light rail vehicle number you travelled on, stops where you boarded/alighted, direction, and time of the day.
- What's your return daytime telephone number? So we can contact you.
Our follow up: We will check our vehicles and lost property and call you back as soon as possible. Lost property is registered and kept for one (1) month, at which point it will be donated to a charity. Please note – perishable items such as food will be disposed of immediately.
Getting your property back: If we have found your property, we will inform you about when you can collect it during our office opening hours. For security purposes, please bring a photo ID when collecting your item(s). The address for lost propety is: Transdev Sydney (Light Rail), 220 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia. Click here to access a map of our location
If you have found something on the light rail: Please hand any items you find on the light rail to one of our Customer Service Officers on board a vehicle.
Are you unsure of the service time and date you travelled?
- check the details on your light rail ticket or your Opal account
- check the trip planner for a similar trip
Lost your Opal card?
If your Opal card is registered call 13 67 25 (13 OPAL) or report it lost or stolen as soon as possible to protect your balance